Alan Dalton post's birding diaries and original artwork from Sweden. Established in 2006, this now long running blog is now a complete overview of my birding experiences. As an artist I greatly enjoy sketching birds in the field and you will find a wide selection of that work here, from fieldwork to finished paintings. I am very passionate about my artwork and try to depict birds in their natural habitat, as I see them in the wild. My artwork is for sale and can be viewed at http://www.alandalton.net/
As regards to my photography, since 2008 I have used a Nikon D90 DSLR camera coupled with a Sigma 150-500mm OS lens for since March 2012 for bird photography, all previous images being digiscoped. Regarding sound recording, I have been usung a Telinga Stereo Dat Mic and parabol to record birds in the field, coupled to a Marrantz 661 digital recorder, a superb piece of kit. Interest in butterflies, dragonflies and damselflies has recently seen the accquisition of a Sigma 150mm macro lens. I hope you enjoy the blog and please feel free to leave comments or contact me at alandltn@gmail.com

Monday, December 22, 2014

Argentatus Herring Gull in December

 2nd Calendar year/2nd winter plumage.


 Yound birds are rather variable. Note there the dark bill of the bird to the rear.


 A rather dark 1st calendar bird here. Such individuals are not uncommon at all.


 Birds feeding on food left out by visiting people who often feed these birds at the site..


2nd Calendar Year/2nd winter

Photo's and video here of Argentatus Herring Gull from Skeppsbron today. Around 110 birds were present, though as always it is hard to gauge how many birds are around as they are coming and going all the time. All images were taken with the Panasonic Gh4, which will prove to be a major boon for gull watching I think.


1 comment:

NatureStop said...

Greetings from Dubai!! Enjoyed your blog and will be back!Have a great day!

Shantana