Alan Dalton post's birding diaries and original artwork from Sweden. Established in 2006, this now long running blog is now a complete overview of my birding experiences. As an artist I greatly enjoy sketching birds in the field and you will find a wide selection of that work here, from fieldwork to finished paintings. I am very passionate about my artwork and try to depict birds in their natural habitat, as I see them in the wild. My artwork is for sale and can be viewed at http://www.alandalton.net/
As regards to my photography, since 2008 I have used a Nikon D90 DSLR camera coupled with a Sigma 150-500mm OS lens for since March 2012 for bird photography, all previous images being digiscoped. Regarding sound recording, I have been usung a Telinga Stereo Dat Mic and parabol to record birds in the field, coupled to a Marrantz 661 digital recorder, a superb piece of kit. Interest in butterflies, dragonflies and damselflies has recently seen the accquisition of a Sigma 150mm macro lens. I hope you enjoy the blog and please feel free to leave comments or contact me at alandltn@gmail.com

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Eiders; Landsort

 My favourite shot from the two day stay, a cracking male Eider in flight in glorious light. They are beautiful seaduck in every way...




 An Eider pushes into the swell after notincing my presence. A lot of commando style creeping up on these birds today..




 The same bird slaps its wings onto the water surface before take off...




A trio of Eider...

A selction of Eider shots here, all taken on the 18th April 2012 in good light. The previous day was dull and wet and there was no chance for photography. Today was stunning however and with thousands of Eiders offshore it was only natural to try get a few images...

No comments: