Alan Dalton post's birding diaries and original artwork from Sweden. Established in 2006, this now long running blog is now a complete overview of my birding experiences. As an artist I greatly enjoy sketching birds in the field and you will find a wide selection of that work here, from fieldwork to finished paintings. I am very passionate about my artwork and try to depict birds in their natural habitat, as I see them in the wild. My artwork is for sale and can be viewed at http://www.alandalton.net/
As regards to my photography, since 2008 I have used a Nikon D90 DSLR camera coupled with a Sigma 150-500mm OS lens for since March 2012 for bird photography, all previous images being digiscoped. Regarding sound recording, I have been usung a Telinga Stereo Dat Mic and parabol to record birds in the field, coupled to a Marrantz 661 digital recorder, a superb piece of kit. Interest in butterflies, dragonflies and damselflies has recently seen the accquisition of a Sigma 150mm macro lens. I hope you enjoy the blog and please feel free to leave comments or contact me at alandltn@gmail.com

Monday, November 14, 2011

Waxwing; Låssa; 14th November 2011









Waxwings here from Låssa. Initially I had 45 birds at Bro train station, then later, whilst onsite waiting for the Dusky Thrush up to 50 birds were present. It took a while for them to descend, whilst in the treetops they concentrated on Mistletoe berries. Great birds in every way...

2 comments:

Mike Woodcock said...

Fantastic photos, they couldn't have been in a better tree could they?

Alan Dalton said...

Incredible scenes there with the colurs from the berries. Thinking the tree was an ornate strain of Pyracantha, but really not sure. Eitherway, it provided some ideas for paintings, you could do a whole exhibition on this tree and the birds it attracted..