Alan Dalton post's birding diaries and original artwork from Sweden. Established in 2006, this now long running blog is now a complete overview of my birding experiences. As an artist I greatly enjoy sketching birds in the field and you will find a wide selection of that work here, from fieldwork to finished paintings. I am very passionate about my artwork and try to depict birds in their natural habitat, as I see them in the wild. My artwork is for sale and can be viewed at http://www.alandalton.net/
As regards to my photography, since 2008 I have used a Nikon D90 DSLR camera coupled with a Sigma 150-500mm OS lens for since March 2012 for bird photography, all previous images being digiscoped. Regarding sound recording, I have been usung a Telinga Stereo Dat Mic and parabol to record birds in the field, coupled to a Marrantz 661 digital recorder, a superb piece of kit. Interest in butterflies, dragonflies and damselflies has recently seen the accquisition of a Sigma 150mm macro lens. I hope you enjoy the blog and please feel free to leave comments or contact me at alandltn@gmail.com

Sunday, May 08, 2011

Tyresta National Park; 8th May 2011

 Falls and footbridge at Tyresta Nyfors...


 Tyresta Nyfors


 Upper Stream, Tyresta Nyfors,


 Raven


 Goldeneye pair. The bird in the background is a male Teal.


 Tyresta Flaten


Black-throated Divers.

Tyresta National Park yet again today to photograph Black-throated Diver principally. I decided on an early start from Nyfors and the dawn chorus was in full swing when I arrived, new voices among them too. Several Pied Flycatcher's, Blackcaps and a single Redstart were heard and I enjoyed my first views of these birds this year. I spent some time at the falls taking photographs there with a new wide angle lens, a tokina 11-16mm. Hope to use the lens for landscape shots whilst out birding in the future.
 I followed a well beaten walk through the woods, lots of common species were evident, though little unusual was to be found, several Grass Snake were seen basking in the morning sun, a Raven flew over. The small marsh wetland hels slavonian Grebes, now incubating eggs. Goldeneye were frantically chasing females around whilst a few Teal are alse breeding at the site. The highlight was to come at the end of the morning when a pair a Black-throated Divers gave me stunning close up views in quite brilliant light, the photograph's posted above here being the result....


No comments: