Alan Dalton post's birding diaries and original artwork from Sweden. Established in 2006, this now long running blog is now a complete overview of my birding experiences. As an artist I greatly enjoy sketching birds in the field and you will find a wide selection of that work here, from fieldwork to finished paintings. I am very passionate about my artwork and try to depict birds in their natural habitat, as I see them in the wild. My artwork is for sale and can be viewed at http://www.alandalton.net/
As regards to my photography, since 2008 I have used a Nikon D90 DSLR camera coupled with a Sigma 150-500mm OS lens for since March 2012 for bird photography, all previous images being digiscoped. Regarding sound recording, I have been usung a Telinga Stereo Dat Mic and parabol to record birds in the field, coupled to a Marrantz 661 digital recorder, a superb piece of kit. Interest in butterflies, dragonflies and damselflies has recently seen the accquisition of a Sigma 150mm macro lens. I hope you enjoy the blog and please feel free to leave comments or contact me at alandltn@gmail.com

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Collared Flycatcher; Magelungen; 18th May 2009

A stunning male Collared Flycatcher...

The bird sang constantly for 40 minutes...

At rest high in the trees..


Went out to Magelungen in the hope of connecting with a male Collared Flycatcher, the bird having been present for four days now. I had made the trip on friday evening, though it was late and I did not see it. This time my luck was in, the bird was singing when I arrived at 5pm and I enjoyed views of it as it displayed above me in the trees. A cracking male bird and well worth the trip. The photos were taken at about 50 metres range, a little distant, but once againg the camera and lens performed remarkaby well and the results are a set of perfectly good record shots...



No comments: