Alan Dalton post's birding diaries and original artwork from Sweden. Established in 2006, this now long running blog is now a complete overview of my birding experiences. As an artist I greatly enjoy sketching birds in the field and you will find a wide selection of that work here, from fieldwork to finished paintings. I am very passionate about my artwork and try to depict birds in their natural habitat, as I see them in the wild. My artwork is for sale and can be viewed at http://www.alandalton.net/
As regards to my photography, since 2008 I have used a Nikon D90 DSLR camera coupled with a Sigma 150-500mm OS lens for since March 2012 for bird photography, all previous images being digiscoped. Regarding sound recording, I have been usung a Telinga Stereo Dat Mic and parabol to record birds in the field, coupled to a Marrantz 661 digital recorder, a superb piece of kit. Interest in butterflies, dragonflies and damselflies has recently seen the accquisition of a Sigma 150mm macro lens. I hope you enjoy the blog and please feel free to leave comments or contact me at alandltn@gmail.com

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Sandemar; 26th September 2006


















A very quiet day on the reserve today, despite long hours searching and the date... 5 Wigeon, 9 Teal, 6 Ruff, 2 juv. Ringed Plover, 2 Crested Tit, 2 Common Buzzard (an appalling day for raptors), Marsh Tit, 14 Long Tailed Tit, 25 Great Crested Grebe, 8 Goldeneye, 6 Eider, 11 Snipe, 45 Medow Pipit, 7 Siskin, 1 Redpoll, 180 Yellowhammer and the usual common passerines noted.
Wind direction and weather systems have been rather poor for vagrants, there has been a prolonged spell of generally sunny fine weather for weeks now, hoping things will improve early next week...

Photo's; Crested Tit, Ringed Plover juv's, Woodpigeon juv, Bracket Fungus, Sandemar.

1 comment:

Tim Wootton said...

Hi Alan (Buzzard) just followed your link to the blog -awesome, my friend. Do you publish your stuff anywhere, cos if not I'm sure (if you were interested, that is) there'd be a market for your journalistic / illustrated / photographed stuff somewhere out there. (Ex-pats are always popular in your 'ex-local' rag - I'm doing stuff for Yorkshire Post, from up here in Orkney).
Carry on - can you post info on further blog stuff on BF - I'll make sure I don't miss it then.
Cheers, Tim.